HovarWar allows two player action using a serial cable between two Amiga computers.
Both computers should be evenly matched in terms of hardware, but this is not
A serial cable is required to join the two Amiga computers together.
Amiga One Amiga Two
25-Pin RS232 25-Pin RS232
2 ....... 3 Transmit to Receive
3 ....... 2 Receive to Transmit
4 ....... 5 RTS to CTS
5 ....... 4 CTS to RTS
7 ....... 7 Gnd to Gnd
Note: For baud rates of 19200 and slower, the RTS/CTS connections may
be disconnected ,however, it is recommended that they are joined.
· Make sure both computers are turned off and connect the cable up.
NEVER CONNECT THE CABLES WHILE THE COMPUTERS ARE ON!!
· Power up both Amigas and select the HovarWar option from the operations
folder. If all goes well, the two computers will connect and you can start battling
· Both computers should be set to the same settings. Machines don't have to
be the same though. (one could be ECS, the other AGA...)
· Most HovarWar levels have been designed for a minimum detail level setting of
· Minimum recommended system would be a 68030 CPU at 25Mhz or greater and at
least 2Meg of FastRam.
HTML Conversion by AG2HTML.pl V2.941126c, perl 5.003 & email@example.com