The aim of this workshop is to facilitate knowledge exchange among the community of researchers interested in architecture and platforms for AMI, creating opportunities for synergies and for transferring knowledge across institutional and project boundaries.
The workshop is a collaborative proposal involving 4 different projects. These projects address, in different ways, the challenge of developing platforms for Ambient Intelligence. The workshop aims at bringing together the different perspectives gained in these projects, opening the discussion to the wider research community. In particular, focus will be on comparing and discussing lessons learned in the development of specific vs. generic platforms for AMI, with exchange of results. We are also interested in investigating the role of open source in promoting innovation in platform development.
The workshop topics include the following:
• Middleware and service platform architectures
• Experiences with various architecture styles such as P2P
• Privacy and personalization architectures
• Context-aware and adaptable architectures
• Support for service composition and end-user configuration
• Telecommunications and mobility support for service platforms
• Platform architectures for collaboration support
• Innovative APIs, application models, and standards
• Experience report on building AmI applications on top of existing platforms
• Requirements for platforms and platform architectures
• Supporting personalization and context awareness
· Applications supporting presence and collaboration